Annual Clean-Up Day
WHEN: Saturday, June 23 9:00AM-2:00PM
WHERE: Parking lot at the Riverbend Community Centre at 19 Rivervalley Dr SE
WHAT: Opportunity to dispose of unwanted/ unneeded items for FREE
DETAILS: Acceptable and Non-Acceptable Items
The City of Calgary- Waste materials
The City of Calgary will supply three packer trucks with crews (two for waste and one for organic materials)
Items garbage trucks will not accept
Garbage trucks will not accept the following items:
- Car batteries
- Glass (e.g. window panes, glass table tops)
- Household appliances with Freon (e.g. refrigerators, freezers)
- Liquids (e.g. cooking oils)
- Large metal items (e.g. lawnmowers, barbeques)
- Rail way ties
- Sod or dirt
- Household hazardous waste including:
o Propane tanks
o Automobile, cleaning, healthcare, and gardening chemicals
ReconMetal will provide a bin for recycling of metal. Please be sure that your scrap loads do NOT contain any of the following materials:
- Combustible or explosive materials.
- Paint cans or aerosol containers unless opened, empty and cleaned.
- Gasoline, diesel, propane or other petroleum products or containers unless they are punctured and fully drained.
- Oil cans, oil filters and undrained oil pans still on motor blocks. This includes hydraulic fluids, gear oils and grease. Hydraulic equipment must have hydraulic hoses removed and cylinders cut open and drained.
- Drums of any size without proper empty container certification.
- Closed containers or compressed cylinders and tanks unless valve removed or punctured.
- Cans that contained paint, water sealer, pesticides or other toxic chemicals.
- Asbestos or asbestos containing materials such as pipe or I-beam insulation, break shoes or pads, and other structural demolition debris.
- Air conditioning and refrigeration units containing chlorofluorocarbons (CFC’s & HCFC’s).
- Materials such as capacitators, ballasts and transformers containing Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCB’s).
- Automobiles with air bags containing sodium azide.
- Lead containing materials, unless approved in advance (i.e. lead acid batteries).
- Batteries that are cracked, broken, burned or have missing caps.
- Fluorescent, neon, or mercury vapor lights and related fixtures.
- Cathode ray tubes (CRTs) and liquid crystal displays (LCDs), or any commodity containing a CRT or LCD, such as computer monitors, laptop screens, and televisions.
- Radioactive material of any kind.
- Any material containing hazardous or toxic substances, materials, or wastes.
- Free flowing fluids of any kind including water.
- Dirt, debris, trash or waste of any kind (Tires, wood, dirt, yard debris, concrete, asphalt, glass, rubber, or other non-metallic materials).
- Munitions scrap.
- Appliances must have all fluids drained, CFC’s/HCFC’s properly evacuated and electrical components (capacitors, mercury switches) and compressors removed. We accept compressors only if drained of all fluids.
The City of Calgary-Yard Waste
Leaves, branches, plants, grass clippings and other yard waste (excluding sod) will be accepted for composting. Yard waste must be separate from other items.
Technotrash specializes in the primary process of electronic disassembly. Acceptable items
- Phone Answering Equipment
- DVD/VCR Players
- Circuit Boards
- Cell/Regular Phones
- All Network Equipment
- CD Players/Stereo Equipment
- Fax Machines
- Power Supplies
- Input Devices
Action Tyre will accept tires, rims and batteries.
- Sporting goods
Donations for Calgary Food Bank will be greatly appreciated!