The Riverbend Community Association (RCA) is seeking a a part-time (approx. 25 hrs/week) Community Coordinator to join our team.
The incumbent will be the first point of contact for residents, renters and tenants. As well as handle a wide variety of administration duties that supports the effective operation of the community center. Duties include but are not limited to: responding to inquiries promptly, promoting RCA programs, events and activities; overseeing the condition of the facility, maintaining statutory requirements and licensing; managing the rental booking process from start to finish; supporting the Board by attending meetings as requested and preparing status reports; interacting with contractors and tradespeople, the City of Calgary, Federation of Calgary Communities, Offices of the MP, City Councilor, Council and School Board Members, community businesses, educational institutions, community organizations, and visitors. Other duties shall be assigned as necessary. This is a part-time opportunity (25 hours/ week).
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Diploma or Certificate in Administration or an equivalent level of education and relevant experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in office administration
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in supervisory role
- Minimum 3 years’ proven customer service experience
- Knowledge of running/coordinating small to medium-sized events
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to maintain relationships
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills including strong attention to detail
- The ability to prioritize and manage own workload
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills within MS Office, Google environment and various social media platforms
- General knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping practices
- Demonstrated effectiveness in contributing to a small team
- Ability to use databases and online tools to assist with workload
- Flexibility to meet the changing needs of the position and RCA
- Proven self-starter with the ability to work autonomously, problem-solve, exercise initiative and be accountable for outcomes without immediate supervision
- Must be able to maintain professionalism and confidentiality with sensitive information
- Demonstrate flexibility and a willingness to promote and adapt to change
- Take a hands-on approach to their work when needed, which could include setting up tables and chairs, changing letters on the bold sign and inventorying supplies.
- Willingness and ability to undertake occasional work on weekends and outside of regular office hours
- Completion of Police Criminal Record check and Vulnerable Sector Search
- Valid driver’s license and use of personal vehicle occasionally required to obtain supplies or support immediate attention to urgent renter needs, incidents or emergencies
If you believe your skills match the above description we’d like to hear from you! Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.