Dance Fitness is a cardio mix of salsa, hip-hop, and other international/Latin rhythms to international music. The use of light hand weights paired with ‘Zumba Toning’ choreography is dedicated to a portion of the class.
- 10 week session
- Cost: $145 for non-members; $125 for RCA Members (Use code: MEMBERDANCE at checkout)
- Drop-ins welcome! Cost: $15 per class
- Beginners welcome!!
Times: Mondays 8:15pm-9:15pm; April 06 - June 22, 2020 (no class May 18, Victoria Day, and June 08)
- Suitable for all levels, this is a great class for beginners and those looking for a relaxed practice.
- This gentle hatha class will lead students through a series of postures and breathing focusing on their personal growth and goals.
- Students will be guided through asanas advancing their practice at their own pace.
Cost: $80.00 for Non-Members; $72.00 for RCA Members (use code YOGA at checkout)
Times: Six week session Thursdays, March 05 to April 16, from 6:15 AM - 7:15 PM (no class on March 26). This class will be held on the upper level in the Elbow River Room.
Nordic Pole Walking
- Enjoy the fresh air and company of others while you reap the benefits from walking with poles!
- In this class, you will learn the proper techniques to use poles while walking with a certified instructor.
- Nordic Pole Walking is a total body workout that enhances posture, core, joints and confidence.
- Bring your own poles or borrow ours.
Location: start at the Riverbend Community Centre
Cost: FREE; but registration required; priority registration for RCA members
Times: Tuesdays at 6:00-7:00pm ; 8 week session: May 5-June 23
- in this beginner program you will begin to learn the Cheng man-Ching style of Tai Chi.
- It is a shorter version of Yang family style. Also Chi Gong and meditation are part of each class.
- The main focus of this program is health and relaxation.
Cost: $80.00 for Non-Members; $72.00 for RCA Members (use code MEMBERTAICHI at checkout)
Times: Spring 8-week session- Monday evenings, from 7:00 PM -8:00 PM; March 23 – May 25, 2020 (no class on Easter Monday April 13 and Victoria Day May 18). This class will be held on the upper level in the Bow River Room OR Tuesday mornings, from 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM; March 24 - May 12, 2020. This class will be held on the upper level in the Elbow River Room.