- Learn to skate by rolling
- Class is split into two broad age groups: from 5-17 and 18-60
- Each class will consist of two parts: guided instruction and practice time
- For participants under the age of 18 you will need parent signature on the waiver; those under 12 must have a parent present
- Must bring your own skates (quads or in-lines)
- Helmets and wrist guards are mandatory; in addition knee and elbow pads are recommended
Times: Saturdays 9AM-11AM June 2-September 29
Location: Riverbend Community Association Outdoor Rink
Cost: $60 for 4 classes; 25% for groups of 4
Stay n’ Play
These safe, supervised programs help young children and adults make new friends and stay active through a play-based learning environment. Participants will engage in games and activities that they can use on their path to healthy and active lifestyles. Children must be accompanied by an adult and programs may be weather dependant. Ages: 3 - 5 years + Adult
Park n’ Play
These safe, supervised programs help children make new friends and learn games and activities that they can use on their path to healthy and active lifestyles. Programs run weekdays and may be weather dependant. Ages: 6 - 12 years
Times: Monday, July 9 – Friday, July 13, 2018 10 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Location: Riverbend School – 65 Rivervalley Drive SE
Registration: Drop in basis; first come first serve
More information at: City of Calgary Children's Community Programs
- Beginners welcome
- Special classes for children 4 – 6 years of age
- Regular and advanced classes for youth and adults
- Train together as a family
- Local and international tournaments
Times: Every Monday at 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm (September to June)
Contact: 403-232-0228 ; Facebook Page
Registration: via phone
Calgary Young People's Theatre (CYPT) provides professional caliber mentorship, training and performance opportunities to youth age 4-17. Our extensive year round programming includes productions, camps, classes, workshops and new play development. We aim to inspire and encourage the next generation of the theater community by providing a safe, creative space where young people can freely express themselves and their ideas. Through this we hope to foster in them a strong sense of community, passion and appreciation for the arts. Riverbend Community Association is the Calgary South location for classes and camps.
Classes offered: Winter 2018 Classes and Registration
Girl Guides of Canada is the largest organization for girls and women in Canada. Guiding today is a product of 100 years of history. It's fun, active and relevant to the girls and women of today.
- Sparks (ages: 5-6)-Elbow River Room
- Brownies (ages: 7-8)-Bow River Room
- Guides (ages: 9-11)-Wildrose Room
- Pathfinders (ages: 12-14)-Heritage Room
Times: Every Wednesday at 7 pm (September to June)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org ; Facebook page
Registration: online; currently programs are full; registration for 2018/19 will begin on June 1st
Little Steps Before & After School Care offers out-of-school care for children ages 5 to 12 years attending Riverbend Elementary School and Holy Angels.
Times: Monday to Friday, 7am to 6pm, September to June; Closed all statutory holidays, Open all PD days
Registration: online; registration for 2018/19 is open (wait list)
Little Steps Preschool offers preschool programs for children ages 2.5 to 5 years.
Times: Depends on the program-check website for details , September to June
Registration: online; registration for 2018/19 is now open