- Launching September 17, Riverbend Community Centre will be hosting AWANA kids clubs
- Tuesday evenings (6:30 to 8:30pm) for kids, ages 4 to grade 12, sponsored by Mission Hill Church.
- AWANA aims to provide an environment for children to develop relationships with their peers, caring volunteers, and God through biblical teaching. Each night, kids will experience games, group time, and age-appropriate handbook time designed to provide for meaningful discussions at home with parents.
- Cost varies per age group. See registration form for more details.
Calgary Young People's Theatre (CYPT) provides professional caliber mentorship, training and performance opportunities to youth age 4-17. Our extensive year round programming includes productions, camps, classes, workshops and new play development. We aim to inspire and encourage the next generation of the theater community by providing a safe, creative space where young people can freely express themselves and their ideas. Through this we hope to foster in them a strong sense of community, passion and appreciation for the arts. Riverbend Community Association is the Calgary South location for classes and camps.
See details and register online at: http://cypt.ca/classes/
Girl Guides of Canada is the largest organization for girls and women in Canada. Guiding today is a product of 100 years of history. It's fun, active and relevant to the girls and women of today.
- Sparks (ages: 5-6)-Elbow River Room
- Brownies (ages: 7-8)-Bow River Room
- Guides (ages: 9-11)-Wildrose Room
- Pathfinders (ages: 12-14)-Heritage Room
Times: Every Wednesday at 7 pm (September to May); starting on Sept 11, 2019
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org ; Facebook page; 403-283-8348
Registration: online; wait-lists available
Little Steps Before & After School Care offers out-of-school care for children ages 5 to 12 years attending Riverbend Elementary School and Holy Angels.
Times: Monday to Friday, 7am to 6pm, September to June; Closed all statutory holidays, Open all PD days
Registration for 2020-21 school year will open on January 1st, 2020 for existing families and for new families it will be open on January 15th. Limited spaces.
Little Steps Preschool offers preschool programs for children ages 2.5 to 5 years.
Times: Depends on the program-check website for details , September to June
Registration: online; Registration for 2020-21 school year opens on January 1st for existing families and on January 15th for new families.