Outdoor Skating Rinks
- The outdoor skating rinks are usually available between December and February.
- There are two skating rinks available: Hockey rink (fenced) and pleasure rink.
- No hockey sticks or nets are allowed on the pleasure rink.
- Both rinks are maintained exclusively by a group of volunteers.
- Please check our Facebook page for updates about rink accessibility.
Latest Update: Oct 14, 2018
New season is starting! Rink Rats will be meeting on Sat Oct 20 at 9:30am to prepare the rink for winter season.
Outdoor Rinks 101 Training Workshop
Wed, 7 November 2018 6:30 PM – 9:00 PM
What kind of surface best supports an outdoor rink? How do you keep outdoor ice ultra-smooth all winter long?
Regardless of whether you are a rink master or beginner this workshop is for you! Join us on November 7th for some hands-on training and an interactive discussion about community outdoor rinks.
- Build a strong rink foundation
- Use different equipment when flooding a rink
- Apply best safety practices
- Effectively recruit community volunteers
- Maintain the best ice surface
- Have fun!