Riverbend Community Association
Skating Rinks Update
New season is starting! Rink Rats will be meeting on Sat Oct 20 at 9:30am to prepare the rink for winter season. Contact Us if you are interested in volunteering this season.
Outdoor Rinks 101 Training Workshop by City of Calgary - Calgary Neighbourhoods Wed, 7 November 2018 6:30 PM – 9:00 PM Register here.
Tickets on sale soon!
Registration available soon!
BRT is launching on NOV 19
- New bus shelters along 18th Street are almost completed
- The construction of bus queue jump lane on southbound 18th street will conclude in upcoming weeks
- The MAX Teal Line will start November 19, 2018 with service every 18 minutes during peak hours (6:30 - 9 a.m.) an every 20 - 25 minutes during off-peak hours.
- See full route of the new BRT line
Check out new Max Teal Line trip planner and other details at: www.calgarytransit.com/max
Check out our new page, which lists key resources related to caring for our community such as:
- Responsible Pet Ownership
- Reporting to 311
- Good Neighbor Guide
All crimes need to be reported!
- Please make sure to report all crimes. Police cannot assign additional resources to our area without observing any increases in crimes reported.
- Crimes can be easily reported online without the need of waiting on hold for extended periods of time. Alternatively call the non-emergency line at 403-266-1234.
- Reporting a car prowling may not directly help your individual case but it will benefit the community as a whole.
The '9 p.m. Routine'
Calgary Police is encouraging Calgarians to establish a '9 p.m. Routine' to help secure property before heading to bed.
“The routine is simple,” says Sgt. Matt Baker of the Centralized Break and Enter Team. “Every night before going to bed we want all citizens to get in the habit of double checking that their vehicles, property and residence are secure. Offenders will often go down a street checking vehicles and houses for doors left open. By simply locking your door you could avoid waking up to an intruder in your home.”