WOULD YOU LIKE TO?
- Gain valuable experience in project management, program development, human resources, leadership, communications?
- Expand your professional network?
- Add to your resume and obtain professional references?
- Attend free professional development workshops?
- Meet new people and make new friends?
- Show appreciation and get engaged with your community?
- Raise awareness about important community issues?
Ongoing Positions (2-3 hours/ week)
Ongoing positions that require time commitment of 2-3 hours per week
- Board Roles - Time commitment includes attending a monthly meeting, attending quarterly community meetings as well as supporting specific activities of roles as outlined in the Strategic Plan
- Assisting Roles - These are significant positions within the association for volunteers who can make a regular and ongoing commitment to building and supporting a specific program.
DIRECTOR OF COMMUNITY PROGRAMS & EVENTS
•Managing the annual events and programs calendar
•Seeking out new program/event offerings for RCA
•Setting up Program/Event registration using online platforms and databases
• Recruiting Event leads
•Liaising with RCA sports leagues
•Helping to coordinate Community Meetings
•HELPFUL SKILLS: Event Management, Project Management, Databases
DIRECTOR OF VOLUNTEER RESOURCES
•Responding to volunteer Expressions of Interest via email & phone
•Promoting volunteerism at Community Meeting & Events
•Coordinating Volunteer Lists for Events
•Developing volunteer recognition strategy
•Maintaining volunteer database
HELPFUL SKILLS: Human Resources, Customer Service, MS Excel
DIRECTOR OF COMMUNITY ADVOCACY
•Liaising with Ward 12 Office, City of Calgary representatives and Calgary Police regarding safety, planning, traffic etc.
•Supporting development of content for Riverbend Review Newsletter on safety, planning, traffic etc.
•Monitoring and replying to Facebook posts on safety, planning, traffic comments related to Riverbend
•HELPFUL SKILLS:, Networking, Customer Service, Social Media
Special Event Leads- Take a lead role in coordinating the event based on the developed plan and budget. Duties vary depending on the event.
Special Event Support - This is usually the day of, and/or before and after an event. Roles vary depending on the event.
Rink Volunteers - These volunteers help maintain RCA skating rinks (snow removal, flooding etc.) Usually between November and February only.
Casino Fundraiser -RCA is eligible to participate in a casino fundraiser about every 2 years. Various roles are required and will be advertised closer to the event.
Rink Volunteers: the skating season is starting soon and we are forming a 2019-20 rink rats team
Event Leads: Community Clean Up Day
Event Support: Riverbend Craft Fair, Children's Christmas Party, Community Clean Up Day
Meeting Refreshment Coordinator -Person/pair to purchase food and beverage for meetings (reimbursed), set up food and beverage table before meetings and tidy up after meetings
Child-Minding Assistant -Person/pair to support keeping children engaged in kids activities during meetings (in the same room as parents) to help keep kids from getting too rowdy so their parents and guests can participate