Riverbend Community Association
The RCA is a volunteer based non-profit organization. Our vision is to create a vibrant, active community and to encourage participation and spirit of belonging.
Riverbend Community Association provides the following programs and services to the residents of Riverbend:
- Maintenance of the community centre and outdoor skating rink
- Organizing community events that bring people together to meet one another and celebrate community successes
- Recreation programs and activities
- Organized Sports Programs
- Facilitate community input into planning, development and environmental issues that affect the community such as building development, zoning, parks development and roadways
- Provide updates and resources about safety and crime prevention
- Maintain communication platforms: website, social media pages and printed Newsletter- Riverbend Review to keep community informed about all things Riverbend!
RCA is governed by the Board of Directors, which consists exclusively of Riverbend residents, is elected annually at the Annual General Meeting in June. The Board of Directors meet on the second Tuesday of each month.
Riverbend Community Association was founded on May 4, 1987 and celebrated its 30th Anniversary in 2017.
Mission, Vision and Values
To provide the Riverbend Community with events, information, support and programs in order to enrich the quality of life and community spirit of all residents.
The Riverbend Community Association creates a vibrant, active community and encourages participation and a spirit of belonging.
Commitment : We are responsive and dedicated to the well-being of our community.
Respect : We value and celebrate each other and strive to give all residents a voice and sense of belonging.
Teamwork : We are leaders in making connections and building partnerships. We believe together is better!
Integrity : We are open, honest and responsible in our dealings with our residents, stakeholders and amongst ourselves.
Fun : We foster enthusiasm, a dynamic atmosphere, creativity and are not being afraid to dream.
Community Spirit : We are volunteers who put our residents needs first and provide opportunities to bring community together.