RCA Casino Fundraiser
Next Riverbend Community Association Casino Fundraiser will be taking place on : Thursday April 16 and Friday April 17, 2020 at the Deerfoot Inn & Casino. RCA relies heavily on the funds raised at this event. About 25 volunteers in various roles are required for this event.
The Casino is open from 12:00 PM - 3:00 AM. Daytime or evening shifts are available:
11:00 AM - 7:00 PM
6:30 PM - ~3:00 AM (close)
10:00 PM - ~3:00 AM (close)
- Opportunity to support your community and Riverbend Community Association
- Free meal
- $25 voucher from RCA
- Opportunity to learn about the inner workings of a casino
Required Volunteer roles include:
GENERAL MANAGER/ ALTERNATE GENERAL MANAGER
- Responsible for total operation of casino including gaming floor, security, cashier's cage and count room.
- Ensures a sufficient number of volunteers for each day.
- Must be present in the Casino at all times during table game operations.
- Ensures signed cheques are available to pay expenses on the beginning of the first day.
- Controls drop box keys.
- Substitutes in volunteer positions on their breaks and in unavoidable staffing emergencies. (General Manager/ Alternate is not expected to fill staff positions under normal circumstances.)
- Should review Casino Terms and Conditions booklet before casino.
- Controls Cashier's cage floats of chips and cash.
- Assisted by Cash Cage Advisor
- Busy only during opening, volunteer shift changes and closing of casino.
- Keeps track of all cash/chip transfers on Casino Track.
- Mathematical skills helpful.
- Cashes in chips for players and makes change.
- Cashier has own float - does not share cash/chip float with anybody.
- This position is quite challenging, and requires concentration and accuracy.
- This position not recommended for color blind volunteers.
- Good manual dexterity is helpful.
- Courier (runner) for chip orders (requests) from casino games.
- Volunteer must be prepared to move around.
- Position is usually busy at opening and closing of casino.
- Volunteer must be able to carry up to five pounds (2 kilograms) of chips
COUNT ROOM SUPERVISOR
- Works with Count room Advisor in recording cash counts and game wins and losses.
- Administrative skills useful, good math (number) skills are very helpful.
- Not required to handle cash.
COUNT ROOM STAFF
- Sorts, amalgamates, counts and verifies all cash from table game drop boxes.
- Cash handling skills are an asset.
- Volunteers should be good working with their hands